Friday, May 11, 2012

I said-a done, done, doneity done,ah done done doneity done!

At 11:16 PM last night, I finished and sent my last paper ever as an undergraduate student. (In case anybody is interested, it's a pretty lame essay-esque deal forcing me to cram together random facets of existentialism we happened to study in the second semester. Not my best effort, but eh.) The sending of that paper was also the completion of my finals, and thus the end of my career as a practicing student (at least for the time being).

I've had an amazing time these past four years, possibly/probably the best of my life so far. I've met great people whom I appreciate more than I can say, and learned and experienced interesting, crazy, and sometimes pleasantly confusing things. I have started to come into myself as a "real person." So I must admit that I pretty much have to always treasure this era of my life. But:

This is the moment for which I have been waiting sixteen years.

Pretty stoked. After I hit the "Send" button, I was like:


And then I was immediately like:



(Yeah, I just figured out how that webcam works. I now possess a lot of pictures of me making ridiculous faces with that drink. No, that is not just orange juice.)

Seriously considered just throwing my notes/printouts/notebooks just freaking everywhere around the room. Promptly realized I would have to clean that up later, and settled for maniacal cackling instead.

Now for EPIC SUMMER. And then? The GAP YEAR.

Life planning and logistics come later, i.e. after the 18th (Graduation Day).

Until then? There are still several seasons of How I Met Your Mother left for me to watch on Netflix, and there is a neglected Nord warrior who demands my attention as well. Not to mention the hefty stack of books (poetry, mostly) I've collected throughout the year and have not yet had a chance to read. While I had my nose to the academic grindstone, that stack seemed to taunt me. Now it is like a big pile of literary glee waiting for me to roll around in it. So much time is almost viscerally unspooling in front of me. I cannot enjoy this feeling of potentiality enough; it has been far too long since I've felt this eager to embark on tomorrow.

Yeah, if anyone has any plans/ideas/schemes for summer adventures, just let me know!
(Also a job and/or an apartment in New Orleans would me nice if you've got either of those handy, too)

As it ends, so it begins.

No comments:

Post a Comment