Monday, July 1, 2013

It never seemed so strange

Hello today! It is the first of the month, which is always a nice time to make a grand and symbolic(ish) gesture. My specialty is to-do/goal lists, so here is the one I've been dreaming about so far today:


July!

  • Participate in the 750words One Month Challenge. Also, successfully complete it. This basically means I have to write 750 words a day, every day, all month. And hopefully forever, but let's stick to this month for now.
  • Read 2+ poems a day. New poems. Reading Canticle by Yusef Komunyakaa over and over again doesn't count. Doesn't matter where they come from, but probably from one of the online lit journal in my bookmarks.
  • Write a blog post a week. That's at least four blog posts, and "Oh I'm so awful at updating again" isn't going to cut it. Maybe a well thought out essay... or maybe another list. Lists (and listicles, which I don't even like pronouncing in my head) are still hip these days I hear.
  • Go Running. I mean, at least 3 times. Ever. Hey, it's July in Louisiana; I have to set the bar realistically.

Yeah, so nothing earthshattering or anything on the list (though next month will probably look drastically different-- spoilers!). Not going to set a specific goal for writing a certain number of poems per day / week / month, because I'm honestly not sure which of the occasional scribbles in my notebook count as poems anymore, and I'd hate to cheat my count. Am (mildly) determined to get back in that swing. Even the dead can write again.

UPDATE: One day down, 30 to go.

What I have been doing though:


Playing in the neighborhood (and with new cameraphone filters)
  




Being artsy-fartsy with wine and Mordred

Drinking-- and writing about it for DIG Magazine
And nifty cafes are also within my job description
And checking out some bars for them, too



Finally going on vacation and building my wine bottle bookshelf. Also, laundry.

That's life, for now. One word at a time, one day at a time.

No comments:

Post a Comment