Tuesday, January 29, 2013

Body & Space, Co-Conspirators

Am sick today. Again. Another day off tinted by cold meds and mucus. My "big project" for this much anticipated two days off in a row was supposed to be rearranging my house because I just can't stand it anymore, the shape and the memories and the neglect of the space. But my arms are so heavy, and there is this gaping viscous disconnect between my face and my head that is temptingly insurmountable. I have enough in me, I think, to take all of the books down from the bookshelves and make a lot of precarious stacks teetering all over the house, but not go much further than that. So today it is not just my body or my space conspiring against me, but both. Both of these big, abstract/concrete concept-things, Body & Space, somehow separate from Me but inseparable from my identity, whatever that is. Subjects of many aborted blog posts and poemprojects and anguish, targets of change. Today is the day they team up to make everything seems just so damn daunting. Do I fight against that? Does that make Body&Space my enemy? Do I give in, and does that make Body&Space my master(s)? Neither of these options are much different from how I view these concept-things everyday, I suppose. I just feel so helpless against the grog of the sick and the weight of the bookshelves looming over me. This may just be a catch up on reading day. Does that mean I win or lose?

2 comments:

  1. It's not a fight. It's a fais-do-do! Remember, punching the old Cajun guy at the dance hall is silly when you could just dance with him.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Best possible analogy response. You are great & thank you.

      Delete