Monday, January 23, 2012

Brief Update (AKA "Not Dead")

Semi-apologies for the potential depressitivity of my previous post. Been in a weird place lately, but while this morning I am again somewhat wandering the glum-lands, for the most part I've been pretty damn chipper and optimistic this past week. We will see how long that can hold out in the face of French Existentialism. Emotional resilience! Constant vigilance! Etc.!

Of course, I vowed with the start of the semester to be superEXTRAproductive this time, no really, it's seriously going to happen. Got all (most?) of my stuff organized, and then promptly spent my (long!) weekend entirely on socializing and shenanigans with excellent friends. Even better than productivity, in my opinion. Also, the most wholesome game of Twister I've ever played.

Classes are all promising, and I'm gearing up for a semester as a Supernerd. Dante! French! French Existentialism! Intensive Writing! First task: Master (or at least meet in passing?) French pronunciation. Then on to tackling my writing-stential angst. Break.

No comments:

Post a Comment