Thursday, April 5, 2012

Poetic Notes

So, prepping for the back-to-back double-feature of poetry readings delta's putting on tonight-- I'm reading at Highland Coffees at 7 and still don't have my stuff put together for that (woo!), then must pick something to plagiarize (or inappropriately reappropriate, if you will) for our event at Northgate. So in lieu of typing something brand-new to put here, I present instead of confusion of notes for my review of Kim Hyesoon's book All the Garbage of the World, Unite!


---------



What is I? Kim Hyesoon is a woman. Kim Hyesoon is a woman poet. Kim Hyesoon is a woman poet from South Korea. Kim Hysoon is very conscious of being a woman poet from South Korea. Inside her poems, the I of Kim Hyesoon swells and fractalates to become construct of her complicated and beautiful idea of poetry (the “poesy”). “I am many inside poetry. [...] The confusion of the multiple ‘I’ is what makes me write poetry.” (x, Preface) 

Body. Garbage. Urban & urban decay. We are mutilated body & garbage & urban decay. Trashbodyhole. We are I we are womanbodymotherbabycorpse. we are geography and “whitestwhite.” Violence against children, against the I. Against/between the Ichild. Somewhere there are men. There too is water (thirstwater) and drippingslurp saliva. Also dogs maybe. Here everywhere is a phantom lady shadowladies that bleed like I like Is. Manhole Humanity! O Hole O! How much repetition? How many times “whitestwhite”? Where all the child, where all the Mommy? O uncertainty. After the slap has left the face. Is one confined if one is inside out—a body that is?

What does it mean to have a delineation. To be in something (a body? a country?) to have something be in you? What is division what is (w)hole, a part of a (w)hole? Everything here is divided, is dividingsplit, but everything is swelling and seeping out of itselfanother.

No comments:

Post a Comment