Sunday, December 26, 2010

Christmas comes but once a year, thank the gods.

Made it though another Christmas-- barely.

All in all, not such a horrible experience, but one of the most exhausting ones of the year by far. Between me and the boyfriend, we have four households, sometimes more, to hit up in one or two days. Christmas day, we started at 9 AM and did breakfast, lunch, and dinner with three different families, and presents at each one. I had a lurking head cold, which made the day seem urky (that was going to be "murky" but "urky" actually describes it better) and vaguely surreal (and doubly tiring).
Same routine at all the families-- It's great to see you! Oh, you know, school and work. Mm, what tasty foodstuffs you have prepared! Yes, we should briefly chat over some banal subject. Oh, a present? For me? You shouldn't have! Whelp, I'll be heading out now, see you next year!

Just thinking about it makes me head hurt. Mostly the gifts involved money, which was fabulous and much needed. However, my mother bestowed upon me a fabric shaver, a device which removes those annoying fuzzballs from sweaters and the like. (Somewhat surprisingly, it works). I think she has a minor addiction to "As Seen on TV!" products--we get them every year for Christmas/birthdays/other excuses for gift giving. Whatever makes her happy, I suppose.

There was another part to this post, I think, but it has disappeared into the void of my mind/the ether/the internet. I need to start waking up before one in the afternoon.

No comments:

Post a Comment