Tuesday, April 13, 2010

I Present to You Haiku

Assorted haiku from my poetry journal. Some of these I like better than others, but the worst I have spared you. I enjoy the form; I am a fan of snapshots.


---------------

The grumbling saw cuts
clean through the budding tree branch
white like bloodless flesh


Woken by a yowl
and porcelain shattering.
The cats are hungry.


Slide swish slice, swish slice--
Endless monotony of
the paper cutter.


My morning pills look
like bright-colored rabbit turd.
I will not take them.


Leaf blowers snarl
and roar, chasing fallen leaves
and deafening me.


The girls are wearing
little but miles of bare leg.
It must be summer.


I did not mean to
crush the magnolia petal.
Its body bleeds brown.


We have overslept
and missed all of everything--
The morning can wait.


Today turned up a
centipede in the garden,
unearthly unearthed.

No comments:

Post a Comment