Thursday, May 20, 2010

Summer again!

Huzzah, I have made it through my most arduous semester yet. This last month has been particularly tough, as everyone in my life can attest--but it is over. I feel as though I've progressed in various ways (as one hopefully does moving through life) and look forward to progressing further.

I am going to keep my goals for this summer pretty simple, as I'm not good with the whole to-do/goals list thing. So:

Primary goal: Read (and finish) one of the following:
a.) The Brothers Karamazov by Dostoevsky
b.) Paradise Lost by Milton
c.) The Bible by... God? Some dudes? Who knows. (Also, is the Bible italicized, or is it an exception? Screw it.)

Secondary goals include revising some poetry into polished versions, reading at the Highland Coffees/delta series, making a regular habit out of running, experimenting with painting, and taking a trip to somewhere the hell else (preferably the Pacific Northwest, will settle for anywhere more than a couple of hours away).

Currently I'm working on a series of small anti-poems which I will probably post here as soon as they're finished, as there is little to no chance of my revising them. Also, a little rant on mystery/romance novels (Hint: they are my guilty pleasure).

No comments:

Post a Comment