Monday, July 20, 2009

A Funny Thing Happened on the Way to the Blog...

This post was going to be an episode of me whinging and wringing my hands about how I haven't posted since February. There were going to be excuses, rationalizations, and a rather self-deprecating rant about my fear of writing. I decided to forgo all that-- it really wasn't worth my time or anyone else's--and instead make this a simple announcement: This Blog is Still Active. What's more, flying in the face of my laziness and self-criticism, I intend to update (gasp) frequently.

Well, at least more frequently than once every six months.

So I guess it's time to clear the rust and dust and rats' nests out of the old brain-motor, and actually get things rolling. I can't guarantee anything groundbreaking, but I can guarantee something, at least.

(Probably) Forthcoming:
-The first bits of a character sketch/story I'm working on
-Musings on David Foster Wallace's Infinite Jest
-A first attempt at prose poetry (??)

Now all I need to do is hire someone to stand behind me with a menacing look and make sure I update regularly. Any takers?

1 comment: